Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bumps in the road

So...yesterday and today we have had a few bumps in the road. Yesterday while I was still decreasing my old med and increasing my new med the nurses miscalculated the old med and put me on way to low of a dose. Luckily, they caught it before anything bad happened!

I woke up super excited because I was going to be disconnected from my old medicine at 9:00!!! I disconnected and am now only on the nebulizer! I have been connected to some kind of pump for almost 4 years. That thing went with me everywhere. I keep thinking that I am forgetting something. Anyway everything went good, but for some reason I have been having a side effect from the new medicine. I got a little down this afternoon about it but then I decided to get my big girl panties on and deal with it. The doctor thinks that the inhaled medication is irritating my bronchial tubes because when I breathe in a deep breath I have to cough and it is painful. We are trying a few things out to see if it helps this issue any. I tried something tonight and it seemed to help a little. Hopefully tomorrow it will continue and I can get my central line taken out and go home to my boys. I.MISS.THEM. If everything goes as the new plan we will be home Friday and I will go swimming for the first time in 4 years! I can't wait! Even though we had a few bumps in the road and I have to stay a little bit longer its not the end of the world and I will get through this just like everything else!

I spoke to Tim today! It didn't go as good as I thought it would but I think it went ok. First his sister, dad, and grandma came over to my room and I told them a little about my story. I just told them how bad off I was and then told them how great I have been doing. The sister said that she was relieved to know how good I was doing, so that made me feel good. She also said that her brother was mad and that he just thought that he was going to die. We talked to them for awhile and answered some questions for them. A few minutes later they asked me to come over and talked to Tim. I tried to put myself back in his shoes. I spoke to him a little about my situation and then he asked a few questions about the medication that he is on. My nurse interrupted us because she needed me for something so I didn't get to talk too long. Hopefully we will get to finish up our conversation tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment