Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The big switcher-roo

Ok...so I don't usually talk about my health problems 1.) because I don't want to be reminded of them 2.) because I don't want to have a pity party and 3.) because I don't want anyone to think differently of me. But I wanted to document what was going on.

Sunday mom and I headed to Atlanta. I had to be at Emory Hospital early Monday morning for a scheduled stay. For those of you that don't know...I am on an IV therapy for Pulmonary Hypertension. It has helped me out tremendously and I am so thankful for the drug, but there are limitations. I am connected to this pump (the size of a pager) for 24 hours 7 days a week. There is no stopping the meds AT ALL. So that means, no getting in the pool and taking a shower very carefully trying not to get the pump wet. Even though these are little things I would LOVE to get in the pool and teach Josiah how to swim. They just recently came out with a new drug that you inhale (kind of like a nebulizer). I did a lot of research, praying, and talking to Josh and I decided that I wanted to try to switch over to this new medication called Tyvaso. So here I am in the hospital doing so!

Monday I got admitted and we started the Tyvaso. The doctors are slowly decreasing my IV med and slowly increasing the inhaled version. We had a little hiccup yesterday where the nurses mixed my medication totally wrong so I was taking a lot less then I needed but they figured that out before anything happened ..thank goodness! My friend Andrea came up and brought me some delicious Chick-fil-a because the hospital food is... well hospital food.

This is what was for dinner last night. Looks pretty good huh? I thought so, but it didn't taste too good!

Today, everything is going great! I am on a really low dose of my old meds and they are thinking I will be all the way off of them by tonight! Mom and I just went to the gift shop and now we are sitting here waiting on the doctor and lunch! I ordered a grilled cheese and fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment